.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Art of the Possible

I'll be blogging at a new gig, The Art of the Possible. The blog's general theme:

The Bush administration has been extreme enough in its authoritarianism, flagrant law breaking, and flouting of basic human rights norms, to cause fractures in the old GOP coalition. There is now the possibility of new political alliances forming. Speaking broadly, it may be that many of the factions in the Democratic Party, and some of the factions that call themselves “libertarian,” collectively represent a kind of loose anti-authoritarian coalition, or rather, the possibility of one. This site aims to facilitate conversation among those factions.

If you have fond memories of Rothbard's attempted coalition with the New Left, or are currently involved in the Alliance of the Libertarian Left, it's probably a topic to warm your heart.

I'm a long-time reader of two of the writers there: Mona, who blogs with Jim Henley at Unqualified Offerings, and Angelica Oung of Battlepanda. One of my earliest contacts with Angelica was this post of hers: "Two Flavors of Libertarianism." If you look at the comments under that post, most of the left-libertarian blogosphere popped in before the discussion petered out.

I posted my introduction today and should be starting in with substantive posts next week.

Check it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick Manley said...

Looks interesting! I just read the debate over health inspections.

My contribution to it would be to say that I don't really see how I am entitled to coerce people selling food into letting me inspect things.

I once did work with Food Not Bombs, and they would have liked for us to have gotten a permit, but we never did. I am not so sure if we would have been able to feed the homeless, if we had paid the cost of a permit.

March 06, 2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Coalition with Dems? Sounds a bit potentially awkward...

March 11, 2008 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home